Joe A. Evans, Jr.
A tireless community advocate known for his passion and outreach through his multiple involvements with charitable local and national causes and organizations.
“A BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL DEDICATED TO EDUCATION AND COMMUNITY SERVICE”
After receiving his Bachelor of Science degree in History-Education from Florida A & M University in 2001, Joe moved to Beaumont in 2006, quickly acclimating himself to Southeast Texas, while opening a small business that same year. He is to be awarded his Master’s in Public Health degree from Lamar University in May 2021.
Joe joined Beaumont Occupational Services in August 2008, working his way up to his current position as general manager by 2012. It didn’t take him long to immerse himself in the community as a servant leader, volunteering on various committees that catapulted him into leadership roles within the organizations.
• 2011-17 - Board of Directors, Garth House Mickey Mahaffy Children’s Advocacy Program, Inc.
• 2015-17 - Board of Directors, Habitat for Humanity of Jefferson County
• 2017- PRESENT o Board President, Habitat for Humanity of Jefferson County
o Board of Directors, Fellowship of Christian Athletes of South East Texas
• 2018-PRESENT o Council Member, Texas Council on Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders (Gov. Abbott appointee)
o Council Member, SETX Regional Council on Aging and Disabilities
o Partner Advocate, Men of CASA, Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children
o Mentor for the Inspire, Encourage, Achieve (IEA) Program
• 2019-PRESENT o Student Minister, Woodland Baptist Church
• 2020-PRESENT o Council Member, Golden Triangle Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Advisory Council