Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
Drop Off Procedures:
- Students may be dropped off at the front door starting at 7:20 AM. Please do not drop students off before this time. There will not be adult supervision until 7:20 AM.
- Students may enter the bus drop off zone door 7:30-8:00 AM. At 8:00 AM this door will lock and all students will enter through the front door only.
- All visitors must enter through the front door.
- When dropping students off in the car line, please form 2 lanes. Traffic flows one direction. Please adhere to traffic laws. No cell phone use while in drop-off and pick-up lanes.
- Please be very watchful and observant. Allow students to cross.
- Guardians are welcome to walk their student into the building. You are required to part your car in a parking stall then walk your student in. Please do not park in the drop-off lanes, this greatly slows morning traffic.
Pick Up Procedures:
- Afternoon pick-up is the busiest time and most dangerous. Please do your part to help our students get home safely.
- Grades 2-5 car riders will be picked up on the gym side of the school. Please remain in your cars and someone will bring your student to you. If you must walk up to receive your child, please wait until the students have reached their dismissal spots.
- Bus and daycare riders will dismiss from the cafeteria.
- Pre-K, K,1 and their siblings will load from the front of the school.
- Please have your car identifier with you
- If weather permits, students will sit outside.
- Please stay in your car and someone will bring your child to you.
- TO ENSURE SAFETY, DO NOT REMOVE A STUDENT FROM THE CLASS LINE.
- If it is necessary that you walk up to get your child, wait in the Parent Walk Up Zone. A staff member will bring your child to you. Please have your identifier visible. It will speed up the process. You may be asked to show your license.
- Please do not smoke in the pick-up lanes. This violates Federal Law.
- Please drive according to the flow of traffic. The front dismissal lanes are ONE WAY. It is very dangerous to those walking and to staff loading cars when a car is going the wrong way.
- If your child is going home a different way other than previously communicated, or with a different person, please inform the teacher in writing and call 617-6008 to inform the front office.
- Please avoid picking up your child before 3:25pm. We want to maximize every instructional minute.
All Students MUST be picked up by 3:45pm. If you are going to be late, please call the office.