Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
- Beginning August 29 (second day of school), the breakfast line will open at 7:30am and end at 8:00am.
- Students in grades K and 1, will report to the library beginning at 7:40am.
- Students in grade 2 will be escorted to the music room with their assigned class, students in grades 3, 4, and 5 will sit with their assigned class in the gym.
- Teachers will pick students up by 8:00am from the library, music room, and gym. Students who arrive after 8:00am may go directly to their classrooms.
- Teachers and students are expected to be in their classrooms to begin instruction at 8:05am.
- The tardy bell rings at 8:20am. That means the students have to be inside their classroom in order to not be counted tardy!
- The parent car drop-off will enter from Cleveland and/or Arthur Streets nearest the school gym entrance.
- For safety reasons, children may not be let out of the car in the middle of the parking lot, please use the parent car drop-off lanes (loop area nearest gym). Staff members will be available to assist students as they are dropped off. You are welcome and encouraged to pull into a parking space and walk your child into the building for breakfast.
- The dismissal bell rings at 3:25pm and classes are dismissed by grade level.
- Parents should be at the school at 3:20pm for dismissal.
- Car Riders will be dismissed from the gym, where the parent car pickup lanes are located. “Car riders” are considered students whose parents drive on campus to pick them up. Parents are to stay in their cars to keep the line moving efficiently. -Staff members will walk the students to their cars. Please have your car tag visible in your windshield for staff to see. If you have lost your car tag, our office staff will be happy to give you a new one. Car tags are needed to identify students for pick up. Note: If a student is being picked up by their parent by car, the student must wait in the gym where the parent car line is located and not park on TAFT Street in front of the school. Please do not drive through the parking lot (facing TAFT Street) to pick up your child(ren).
- For safety purposes, parents who arrive late for dismissal (3:50pm), after the parent car line is empty, will need to come into the front office and sign out their child(ren). Students will not be sent out to meet the vehicle for pick up.
Buses and Day Care Vans
- The bus and day care van drop off location is the front loop driveway facing TAFT Street nearest the building where the signs state, Loading Area.
- Parents may not use the front loop driveway (facing TAFT Street) to drop off or pick up their child(ren) by car.
- The front loop driveway will ONLY be open to buses and day care vans during morning arrival time, from 7:00–7:45am and afternoon dismissal time from 3:15–3:50pm.
- Bus riders will be supervised by staff in designated grade level classrooms. Van riders are supervised by staff in the cafeteria. When the buses or vans arrive, the bus number or day care van name will be called over the p.a. system. The bus and van riders will then be escorted by staff to their designated bus or day care van.
- Walkers/bike riders are dismissed at the front of the building. "Walkers" are considered those students who walk off campus to go home. Kinder, 1st and 2nd grade walkers and bike riders will exit from Corridor “D” and 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade walkers and bike riders will exit from Corridor “C”. Walkers and bike riders must leave the campus immediately upon dismissal.
If a situation/emergency arises after school causing you to be late to pick up your child, please call the front office at 409-617-6350 to let us know when you expect to arrive or which of your emergency contacts will be coming to pick up your child(ren). If we cannot reach you, our office will make attempts to contact your emergency contacts. If this fails, we will make a home visit. If that fails, a follow-up phone call to district or city police will take place if necessary.