Campus Motto, Colors, and History
The O.C. "Mike" Taylor Career Center was named after former superintendent Dr. O.C. "Mike" Taylor who served as Superintendent of Beaumont ISD for some years, after dedicating his life to education. Later trustees commemorated his contributions to the District by naming the district's career center for him. He touched the lives of many students throughout Texas and served as an inspirational leader among his peers during his service as a school superintendent. Dr. Taylor was elected to serve in many associations and was very active on both the state and national levels in his professional organizations. Students from BISD high schools may attend and participate in the career and technical courses offered by an application; thus giving high school students the chance to get a start on college and careers while also learning core subjects that are used in real life.
The mission of the Taylor Career and Technology Center is to ensure that students become productive employees who will:
- Utilize principles of leadership
- Advance toward career goals
- Recognize education is a lifetime endeavor
We will accomplish this by providing:
- Leadership training in all courses.
- A curriculum that meets industry standards and incorporates academic learning in an environment that mirrors the world of work.
- Instruction that allows students to develop the interpersonal skills needed to be successful.
Where Minds and Hands Work Together
Dark Green and White