Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
- Beginning August 28 - First Day of School - We will begin breakfast line at 7:30 a.m. and breakfast will end at 8:00 a.m.
- Students in grades K and 1 will report to the library beginning at 7:40 a.m.
- Students in grade 2 will be escorted to the music room with their assigned class; Students in grades 3, 4, and 5 will sit with their assigned class in the gym.
- Teachers will pick students up by 8:00 a.m. from the library, music room, and gym. Students who arrive after 8:00 a.m. may go directly to their classrooms.
- Teachers and students are expected to be in their classrooms to begin instruction at 8:05 a.m.
Car Arrival Drop Off
- The parent car drop off will enter from Martin and exit Pine Street.
- For safety reasons, children may not be let out of the car in the middle of the parking lot. Please use the parent car drop off lanes (loop area nearest the school). Staff members will be available to assist students as they are dropped off.
- You are welcome and encouraged to pull into a parking space and walk your child into the building for breakfast.
Car Dismissal Pick Up
- The dismissal bell rings at 3:25 p.m. and classes are dismissed by grade level.
- Parents should be at the school at 3:20 p.m. for dismissal.
- Car Riders will be dismissed from the front of the building, pod doors, where the parent car pick up lanes are located. “Car riders” are considered students whose parents drive on campus to pick them up. Parents are to stay in their cars to keep the line moving efficiently. -Staff members will walk the students to their cars. Please have your car tag visible in your windshield for staff to see. If you have lost your car tag, our office staff will be happy to give you a new one. Car tags are needed to identify students for pick up.
- For safety purposes, parents who arrive late for dismissal (3:50 p.m.) after the parent car line is empty will need to come into the front office and sign out their child(ren). Students will not be sent out to meet the vehicle for pick up.
Buses and Day Care Vans
- The bus and day care van drop off location is the front loop driveway facing Pine Street nearest the gym area.
- Parents may not use the front loop driveway (facing Pine Street) to drop off or pick up their child(ren) by car.
- The front loop driveway will ONLY be open to buses and day care vans during morning arrival time from 7:00–7:45 and afternoon dismissal time from 3:15–3:50.
- Bus riders will be supervised by staff in designated grade level classrooms. Van riders are supervised by staff in the pod area.
When the buses or vans arrive, the bus number or day care van name will be called over the p.a. system. The bus and van riders will then be escorted by staff to their designated bus or day care van.
Walkers/bike riders are dismissed at the front of the building. "Walkers" are considered those students who walk off campus to go home. Kinder, 1st and 2nd grade walkers and bike riders will exit in the front of the building and 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade walkers and bike riders will exit near the gym. Walkers and bike riders must leave the campus immediately upon dismissal.
If a situation/emergency arises after school causing you to be late to pick up your child, please call the front office at 409-617-6425 to let us know when you expect to arrive o which of your emergency contacts will be coming to pick up your child(ren). If we cannot reach you, our office will make attempts to contact your emergency contacts. If this fails, we will make a home visit. If this fails, a follow-up phone call to district or city police will take place if necessary.