The Parent and Family Engagement Program seeks to increase parental involvement in the education process and promote learning in the classroom and also in the home. The Office of Parent and Family Engagement offers workshops and classes throughout the year to assist parents in being able to contribute to their child's success both in and out of school.
DID YOU KNOW?
Students whose families are engaged in their education in some way:
- Earn higher grades and test scores
- Are less likely to be retained a grade
- Are more apt to have an accurate diagnosis for educational placement in classes
- Attend school regularly
- Like school and adapt well to it
- Have better social skills
- Have fewer negative behavior reports, and
- Graduate and go on to post-secondary education
A New Wave of Evidence: The Impact of School, Family and Community Connections on Student Achievement (Henderson & Mapp, 2002)