CTE Advisory Council
To be competitive in today’s job market, students will need education or training beyond high school. Knowing this, it is imperative that we communicate and work with business, industry, and community members to increase our student’s chances for success in the workforce.
The CTE Advisory Council is the vehicle by which the district can seamlessly connect education and careers, increase student post-secondary outcomes, and strengthen regional and state economies. We are excited to partner with committed and dedicated individuals that are successful within their industry and care about the future of our students in Beaumont ISD.
This partnership provides the following opportunities:
- Required attendance at the advisory council meetings (no more than 4 meetings a year)
- Advising the district in short and long-term planning
- Serving as a guest speaker
- Participation in classroom and student leadership activities
- Advising the district of current job needs, trends, and the relevance of courses offered
- Providing work-based learning experiences through internships
- Participation in mock interviews
- Recommendation of industry-standard equipment and training
- Providing training sessions
- Participation in the annual College, Career & Military Summit
- Serving as a mentor
- Sponsoring events if possible, but not mandatory
- Recognition at CTE events and programs
- Enhancing community support for CTE
As we continue to prepare our students for the real world in a real way, partnerships are necessary as we equip and position our students to enter the workforce and/or become entrepreneurs.
2020 - 2021 Advisory Council Members
Laura Austin, BASF Corporation
Camille Briggs, Total Petrochemicals & Refining USA, Inc.
Horace Brown, Associated Builders & Contractors of SETX
Nakisha Burns, Exxon Mobil
Sade Chick, Port of Beaumont
Emily Esquivel , Jefferson County Regional Crime Laboratory
Bettina Evans, Bettie Jean’s Homestyle Cooking, LLC.
Lori Higgins, Mobil Oil Credit Union
Kevin King, Workforce Solutions Southeast Texas
Kristen Landry, Baptist Hospitals of Southeast Texas
Mark McKee, Function 4
Donta Miller, Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
Maris Peno, Region 5 ESC
Miranda Phillips, Lamar Institute of Technology (LIT)
Chandra Richard-Pegues, Motiva Enterprises, LLC.
Biguita Hernandez-Smith, Breathe Workforce Development
Alesha Wells, Genesis Beauty Salon, Inc.
Brooklyn Williams, 2023 Vision, LLP.
Kenneth Zenon, Gofer Delivery Services, Inc.