Employee Assistance Program
Beaumont ISD understands that at times, the stress of home and work-life can take their toll. Under the best conditions, working in the world of education has its challenges, but significant life events or the accumulation of small stressors can get in the way of us working at full capacity. Our own mental health is central to the success of Beaumont ISD and the success of those students we directly or indirectly impact. For that reason, counseling and other support services are at times, a necessity.
For that support, Beaumont ISD offer the benefit of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) from Deer Oaks EAP Services. This program is confidential and is provided at no charge to you and your household dependents. There are a wealth of services under the umbrella of Guidance Resources. This program is available to all employees of BISD*. From everyday issues like job pressures, personal concerns, relationship problems, anxiety, depression, legal and financial direction or simply managing daily life, this program offers help to you and your family.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- Do you have to be taking the District insurance to qualify for this benefit? No, ALL FULL TIME employees are eligible for the EAP benefit.
- Am I limited to 6 counseling sessions per year? Employees will have access to a face to face counselor for 6 sessions per issue. If the employee initially sees a counselor for depression, they will get 6 sessions. If divorce becomes a feature in this employee's life, they will get an additional 6 sessions with additional sessions for other issues.
- Are my family members covered by this benefit? Yes, all family members in the household to include children under the age of 27 whether they live in the area or out of town/state. So, children who are off to college can receive services with this benefit.
- What if I don't like the counselor I get? Call the toll-free number and request another counselor. If it isn't working out or you are not getting any traction in the counseling, get someone else - don't be shy!
When seeking counseling services, remember the following:
- When contacting this resource, inquire about any concerns you have about confidentiality. You should feel secure about any concerns you have regarding your privacy.
- You are the consumer and you have the right to ask your provider questions such as, "What is your understanding of my goals for counseling?" (Consider asking this after the first or second session; if the counselor is unclear, help define what your concerns are.)
- After the second or third session, you should be feeling somewhat confident in the direction the counseling is going. If you don’t, contact your Deer Oaks case manager. You may want to request another counselor. The chemistry should be agreeable between yourself and the counselor.
Deer Oaks EAP
- Completely confidential
- Face-to-face counseling
- Work-related or personal issues
- Legal & financial consultations
- Child/elder care/daily living referrals
- Employee, spouse, dependent children to age 26
Deer Oaks EAP (click this link for more information)