The Beaumont Independent School District was notified by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) on June 17, 2013 that the agency would begin conducting a Special Accreditation Investigation into several areas of operations at BISD. The key areas that are under review are the areas of finance, student assessment, special education programs, and student accounting.
The information found on this site will be updated as the investigations into these areas are completed and will serve as a repository of all documentation related to the investigation.
This site will also contain any further information that may be mandated by the TEA; including implementation timelines, required notices, and any other disclosures.
Required Actions of the District
- Implementation of LBB Recommendations
- Update/amend minutes of October 18, 2012 Board Meeting
- Publish a monthly status report for LBB implementation
- Publish a quarterly internal audit
- Publish employee conflict of interest disclosures
- Publish a certified copy of district's record retention schedule and produce evidence that district is in compliance with TSLAC
- The district must implement and publish whistleblower policies
- District must obtain notarized "Disclosure Acknowledgements" from employees who have been provided copies of whistleblower policies.
- Board must review and district must publish a Business and Finance Manual/Operating Procedures
- District must provide an electronic or hard copy of Business and Finance Policies Manual to all employees who have financial duties and obtain a notarized "Disclosure Acknowledgement" from these employees.