Senior “To Do List”
1. FAFSA application https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa
- Priority Deadline - TBA
- Make FSA ID
- Application opens 10-01-2019
- Income Tax Year 2018
- Complete application for 2020-2021 school year
2. Complete College Applications
- Apply Texas - www.applytexas.org
- The Common Application - https://www.commonapp.org/
- Coalition for College - http://www.coalitionforcollegeaccess.org/
- Common Black Common Application - https://commonblackcollegeapp.com/
3. Send Your Transcript
- ALL College applications require a high school transcript to be sent. - See Senior Counselor Clerk
- After graduation, send a FINAL transcript to college you plan to attend.
4. College Entrance Exams
- SAT, ACT or TSI tests
- Fee waivers (SAT/ACT) - see Senior Counselor Clerk
- Take the required tests & send the scores to college where applied.
5. Apply for Scholarships
- BISD Scholarship & Resource List - https://www.bmtisd.com/bmtisdscholarships
- Make a Scholarship Portfolio - See CCMR Center for information
- Use Scholarship “Search” Websites
6. College Athletes
- NCAA Eligibility Center - www.eligibilitycenter.org
- NAIA Eligibility Center - www.playNAIA.org
- Fee waivers - see CCMR Coordinator or School Counselor
7. Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination
- Texas Senate Bill 1107 requires that all new and returning students under age 22 who attend on-campus classes at an institution of higher learning either receive a vaccination against bacterial meningitis.
- Need a recruiter - see CCMR Coordinator
- ASVAB test required
9. Workforce Training
- Workforce Training information & opportunities in CCMR Center.