Welcome to Online Registration for Returning Students!
Beginning the Week of July 20th!
Parents/guardians of returning students must complete registration verification to update and/or ensure information in the district's file is correct.
The option to choose the preferred method of instruction for your student(s) for 2020-2021 is also included in the online registration process, Option 1: On Campus Learning or Option 2: Virtual Learning.
If you need to update a student's demographic infomation (name, social, date of birth) change an address on file, change custody information due to a recent legal order, please contact your student's campus to schedule an appointment during the week of July 27th for assistance. You may also submit a Help Ticket Request here: https://bit.ly/30uAzvS
You are considered a 'Returning Student' if all of the following criteria are met:
- The student was enrolled in a BISD school during the prior school year (2019-2020), AND
- The student will continue enrollment at a BISD school for the 2020-2021 school year.
If your student meets all the above criteria, proceed to Step 1 below.
If your student did not meet all of the criteria of a returning student, re-evaluate the student's status, including:
- If your student has never been enrolled in a BISD school (including summer school), click here to visit the New Student registration page.
- If your student was previously enrolled in a BISD school, withdrew prior to 2019-2020 and wants to return to re-enroll for the 2020-2021 school year, click here for the FORMER STUDENT registration page.
Returning students, let's begin...
READ & PREPARE
- Parents/guardians listed in the district's computer files are the only individuals who may gain security access to the Parent Self-Serve account.
- You will need to allot 15-30 minutes per student (depending on your device and the speed of your internet connection) to complete the registration. This process can be completed on a PC, tablet or smartphone browser. verification process. Information will save if you exit prior to completing the process.
- Gather any required documents or paperwork that may be necessary to update your student's existing information on file. (i.e. emergency contact information, health information, etc.,).
You must schedule an appointment with a campus staff member to submit documentation to change an address or student demographic information (spelling of name, social security #, date or birth, etc.,)
- Gather your sign-on information (username/password) for your Parent Self-Serve account that you use to check your student's grade & attendance.
Note: If you have not set up a Parent Self-Serve account for at least one of your enrolled student(s), click here to do that now. Then return to this page to proceed.
- Returning students of district employees who live within the geographic boundaries of BISD can be registered on PSS using the emloyee's TEAMS username/password.
Returning students of district employees who live outside the geographic boundaries of BISD may not able to fully use the PSS platform due to software restrictions. Click here for registration assistance.
COMPLETE THE ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS
- Log on to your Parent Self-Serve account and follow the prompts and instructions to complete the registration verification process.
Review Step-by-Step instructions here: English Spanish
- You will have to the option to choose online, Virtual Learning or in-person, On Campus learning method of instruction during the registration process.
- Be sure to print, take a screenshot or write down your web confirmation number from the summary page at the end of the registration process for each of your students. This confirmation number will be used for follow-up with the student's campus as applicable.
Ready to log on to Parent Self-Serve: https://www.bmtisd.com/parentselfservice
PREPARE FOR CAMPUS REVIEW OR FOLLOW-UP
- Campus staff will perform a review of the student's online registration submission to determine if all information/paperwork is complete in order to finalize the student's file. Be sure to have the confirmation number easily accessible for follow-up as applicable.
- If additional documentation is required, such as updated immunization records, health forms, etc., a staff member will contact you at the phone number or email provided during the registration process to discuss next steps.
- If you need to make changes to the information on your student's account related to guardianship status, demographic information or to complete a change of address, it may be necessary to schedule an appointment with the campus to update information, provide additional documents and/or complete additional paperwork.
- Please note, your student may not be fully scheduled or added to class rosters if information/documentation is missing or incomplete.
If you need assistance with registration or other Student Services related concerns, please submit a Help Request Ticket.
As we continue to navigate the changes and challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we encourage all parents/guardians to stay informed. Please visit the Beaumont ISD web page regularly or subscribe and follow BISD on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and other other social media outlets.