2021-2022 Withdrawn, Coming Back to Re-Enroll

  • We Are Excited to Reconnect With You!

    Who are considered as Previously Withdrawn Students?

    Students who are not enrolled on the last day of a school year, or withdrew during a school year, moved or left the district and are now coming back to re-enroll are classifed as withdrawn. We are excited for your return to reconnect and reengage with the BISD Family.

    How do previously 'Withdrawn' students complete registration?

    Out-of-District returning students enroll via the Google Form Online Registration Portal here. To get started, families must have an active email account, must know their student's zoned campus and have required documents available to upload into the application. Once the online application is submitted, the campus will contact the parent/guardian for document review and discuss any next steps to finalize the student's enrollment.


    Ready to Register Your Returning Learner to BISD?

    Click the link, here, that corresponds to your student's zoned campus. Follow the instructions to complete the applications and upload any documents. Note: Please schedule a time to complete the registration in one sitting as information does not save if you exit the application prior to submitting. 

    Document Review & Finalizing Student Enrollment

    • Campus staff will review all information/documents submitted to evaluate a student's eligibility, verify residency and grade placement. This initial review may take up to 48 hours during the regular school year. Campuses are closed for parts of June and July and school staff are not on duty at that time. As such, a delayed and extended amount of time for review can be expected for registrations submitted during these summer months and during peak back-to-school time.

    • Parents/guardians will be contacted via the email address and/or phone number provided on the student's registration form for any next steps to finalize the student's enrollment. Completion of additional forms and paperwork may also be necessary to finalize the student's enrollment so that the student can begin classes.

    What Documents Do I need to Re-enroll My Student?

    Gather all documents necessary to help expedite the enrollment process. Documents can be saved to the computer/mobile device and conveniently uploaded during the online registration process. (Note: Families who have lost permanent housing or students in foster or kinship care, may be eligible for enrollment without certain documents.) 

    • __Parent/guardian photo identification (driver's license, passport, alien registration card, military ID, other government ID)

    • __Child custody paperwork or other court documents pertaining to any change in guardianship or legal student name change (if applicable)

    • __Child's current immunization record signed by physician or certified immunization exemption records

    • __Two (2) proofs of residency: Lease, Mortgage, or Rental Agreement AND current utility bill (no disconnect notices accepted) or other official correspondence from city, county, state or federal agency (Note: If the parent/guardian is unable to establish residency due to loss of permanent housing or other shared living arrangments, please contact the enrolling campus or the Student Services Department @ 409-617-5109 for further assistance.)

    • __Recent academic record, withdrawal form, report card, or transcript, if previously enrolled in another school district (if available)

    • __For PreK3 & PreK4 Only - Proof of income may be required to determine eligibility, including two (2) current, consecutive paychecks or a copy of your current Notice of Eligibilty for SNAP or TANF.               Review other criteria here: English     Español


    What School Will My Child Attend?

    Students residing within the boundaries of BISD are entitled to a free public education at the home campus assigned to the attendance area in which the student's parent/legal guardian reside based on proof of residency. The district also has openings for student enrollment at campuses designated as Schools of Choice. If you don't know your child's school, you can use our School Locator tool that aligns to the district's current transportation routes. 

    Note: Because transportation routes and zoning are subject to change, the results of using this tool are for general informational purposes only. Final student enrollment to a particular campus is determined by school officials in accordance with district policies related to evidence of proof of residency and/or placement in special programs. You may also contact the Student Services Department at 409.617.5109 for assistance.

    Still have questions? Visit the Frequently Asked Questions section.