2021-2022 Out-of-District Returning Student Registration
Who are Out-of-District Returning Students?
Out-of-District returning students are scholars who are enrolled in a BISD campus on the last day of a school year, have an address on file that is outside the district's attendance boundaries, and are returning to continue their enrollment the following school year.
These students may include:
- children of full-time non-resident district employees,
- students who live outside of BISD who choose to attend an open-enrollment School of Choice charter partnership campus,
- students who live outside the district and are served through an approved special program, and
- other students as allowed by law or board policy.
How do 'Out-of-District Returning' students complete registration?
Out-of-District returning students enroll using the Chrome browser via the Google Form Online Registration Portal. To get started, families must have an active email account, must know their student's campus of enrollment, and have required documents available to upload into the application. Once the online application is submitted, the campus will contact the parent/guardian for document review and discuss any next steps to finalize the student's enrollment.
Seeking an Employee Exception?
Employees may be eligible to transfer their student to the campus/department where they are employed or to the campus that services their primary duty station. Click here to learn more.
Ready to Register Your Returning Learner to BISD?
Click the link, here, that corresponds to your student's zoned campus. Follow the instructions to complete the applications and upload any documents. Note: Please schedule a time to complete the registration in one sitting as information does not save if you exit the application prior to submitting.
Document Review & Finalizing Student Enrollment
- Campus staff will review all information/documents submitted to evaluate a student's eligibility, verify residency and grade placement. This initial review may take up to 48 hours during the regular school year. Campuses are closed for parts of June and July and school staff are not on duty at that time. As such, a delayed and extended amount of time for review can be expected for registrations submitted during these summer months and during peak back-to-school time.
- Parents/guardians will be contacted via the email address and/or phone number provided on the student's registration form for any next steps to finalize the student's enrollment. Completion of additional forms and paperwork may also be necessary to finalize the student's enrollment so that the student can begin classes.
Still have questions? Visit the Frequently Asked Questions section.