- Counseling Support Groups- The purpose of school counseling is to help children make maximum use of their educational experience while at Regina-Howell Elementary. We offer different kinds of group support to help children with the following topics: self-esteem, decision-making skills, coping skills, peer pressure resistance strategies and social relationships.
- Clubs- Our students are offered the opportunity to join clubs for after-school enrichment. This enables the students to socialize with other students and share their experiences.
- Curriculum- The counselor on campus is able to provide books designed to target handling change and making friends. Guidance lessons are also developed to assist the students in areas of need as detected by the yearly needs assessment.
- Events- Regina - Howell participates in military events such as Veterans Day, Memorial Day, Month of the Military Child, and Purple Up! Day.
- Service Projects- Regina- Howell Elementary plans on partnering with the local chapter of Veterans of Foreign War. The Beaumont area has an active chapter with many longtime members. Children will make cards, and signs for various holidays during the school year.
- Recognition- A world map will be displayed in the cafeteria area for children to see the locations of families that now attend Regina- Howell. In addition, the service flags for the Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines and Coast Guard will be on display in the cafeteria area.
- A Welcome Packet is offered to each student that enrolls in Regina- Howell Elementary. It includes a map of the school, important information, Who is who in the staff, year calendar of events and clubs for the students to join.
Campus Military Liaison: Cynthia Raiford
email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 409-617-6768