Welcome from the Principal
Welcome to Bingman Head Start. We look forward to working with you and your child for their first educational experience.
It is the purpose of Head Start to provide a pre-school experience for young children from low-income families. The program fully supports the role of the parent in this experience and offers a comprehensive program of education, health, nutrition, and social services to develop social competence in children, meet their needs, and enrich their lives.
We are committed to the belief that children can develop their potential in a nurturing environment which fosters mutual respect and an appreciation for the uniqueness and capabilities of the individual. A primary goal of the program is to provide appropriate curriculum experiences and activities which facilitate the development of the whole child and provide support, assistance, and training to all those who affect the child's development.
It is Bingman’s objective:
- to improve the child's self-esteem, health, and physical development
- to aid the child's reasoning, thinking, and speaking skills.
- to provide opportunities for positive interactions and successful experiences
- to help the child and his family gain greater confidence, self-respect, and dignity
- to help the child obtain wider and more varied experiences, and improve his understanding of the world around him.
This upcoming school year will once again be filled with both great rewards and challenges. I look forward to working together with parents, staff, and community to make a positive impact in the lives of our students.
At Bingman, we believe that parents, teachers, and students working together is of the utmost importance in helping us achieve all of our goals. Please feel free to visit our school and talk with any of our staff members. It is our desire to work together so that Bingman Head Start can continue to be an inviting place where your children can "learn and grow."