Any 8th grade student that resides in the City of Beaumont may apply for admission into Beaumont Early College High School. All ECHS students must start in the 9th grade in order to be on track to complete an Associate's Degree as set out by the college partner campus, Lamar Institute of Technology (LIT). Incoming 10th grade students may apply, but admission will be determined on a case-by-case basis depending on the applicant's previous coursework. Incoming 11th and 12th grade students will not be considered except in rare circumstances when they were previously enrolled in another CCRSM school in the state of Texas.
Specific eligibility requirements for admission into Beaumont Early College High School are as follows:
- The student must be a resident of the City of Beaumont.
- The student must meet the requirements for promotion from 8th to 9th grade.
- The application must be completed and returned by the deadline in the application packet.
- Any application received after the deadline will be placed on a wait list.
- The applicant must be available to attend the BECHS interview process on February 20th starting at 4pm and the Summer Bridge program July 20, 2020 - July 31, 2020.