Welcome from the Principal
Welcome to Beaumont Early College High School! We are housed at the Austin Innovation Center and share that location with other programs in the district. The Early College High School model is open to all students, but targets at-risk populations and provides the opportunity, in partnership with Lamar Institute of Technology (LIT), to acquire 60 credit hours and possibly an Associate’s Degree. Students on our campus are essentially awarded a “scholarship” that enables them to take dual enrolled courses at no expense to the families.
In addition to rigorous instruction, students also receive social support services to help them succeed. This is, in part, realized through “Family Time” – time worked into the school day in which students are assigned to a Family group and will work with members from all grade levels and a faculty “Parent” that will serve as a mentor during a student’s four years on campus. This time will be a key element to success, encouraging students to address concerns and challenges that may be faced as a result of rigorous course work.
Available course work at Beaumont ECHS will culminate in one of three measures of success:
- An ECHS student will receive a high school diploma and an Associate’s Degree.
- An ECHS student will receive a high school diploma and 60 college hours toward a Bachelor’s Degree.
- An ECHS student will receive a high school diploma and 42 core credit hours transferrable to any degree plan at any public college in Texas.
2017-2018 successes include:
- 100% of our students passed the US History EOC
- 99% of our students passed the Biology EOC
- 94% of our students passed the Algebra I EOC
- 93% of our students passed the English I EOC
- 96% of our students passed the English II EOC
- 80% of our 10th grade students are TSI complete
- 20% of our 9th grade students are TSI complete
- Beaumont Early College HS was named a Texas Honor Roll School
In light of this unique and challenging opportunity, we here at ECHS consider parent engagement both on and off campus to be a top priority. Communication between home and school will be open and ongoing.
For more information on the ECHS model please visit txechs.org