Welcome to Guidance and Counseling
In collaboration with all stakeholders, we will prepare students to become lifelong learners, critical thinkers, and responsible citizens who display good character- ready to contribute and lead in today’s global society.
We will provide a proactive approach to intervening, supporting the whole child, and implementing a comprehensive school counseling program that promotes and enhances student success. We believe the services we provide will enable students to focus on learning and academic achievement.
- Support the district’s vision, mission, core beliefs, and board goals.
- Counsel students to improve their academic achievement, college and career readiness skills, personal and social development.
- Strengthen student and parent engagement.
- Advocate and support students in the areas of diversity awareness, crisis intervention, trauma, and preventative services.
The Texas Model for Comprehensive School Counseling Program
The Texas Model for Comprehensive School Counseling Program, 2018 (5th edition) represents best practices in school counseling programs. It was developed to help ensure that all students in Texas might benefit from high-quality, comprehensive developmental school guidance and counseling programs. The Texas Model for Comprehensive School Counseling Program is an integral part of each school’s total educational program. It provides a systematic, planned approach for helping all students acquire and apply basic life skills by making optimal use of the special knowledge and skills of school counselors.
The program organizes resources to meet the priority needs of students through four delivery system components. Our comprehensive school counseling program is composed of the following components:
- Guidance Curriculum- designed to help students develop their full educational potential, including the student’s interests and career objectives,
- Responsive Services- available to intervene on behalf of any student whose immediate personal concerns or problems put the student’s continued education, career, personal, or social development at risk,
- Individual Planning- is available to guide students as they plan, monitor, and manage their own educational, career, personal, and social development, and
- Student Support- counselors support the efforts of teachers, staff, parents, and other members of the community in promoting the educational, career, personal, and social development of all students.
Director of Guidance and Counseling
Coordinator of Dropout Prevention
4315 Concord Rd.
Beaumont TX 77703