Thank you for your interest in serving as an appointed member of the Board of Trustees of the Beaumont Independent School District. The appointee will serve until the next regularly scheduled election, which is May 1, 2021. We have enclosed a schedule that outlines the steps in the selection process. In order to be considered for appointment to the vacant position, all application materials must be received in the Board Affairs Office no later than Friday, October 11, 2019, by 4pm.
Application materials must include the following:
- A letter of interest addressed to the president of the Board of Trustees
- A resume, including community service and leadership
- Minimum of two (2) letters of reference
- Voter Registration VUID Number (to use as verification of address)
- The completed application
School Board Trustee (Education Code, Chapter 11)
- Residence – must be a district resident and a registered voter
- Age -- must be at least 18 years old
These materials will be considered by members of the Board of Trustees in determining who will fill the open District 1 seat. Further information will be provided to those candidates who are being considered by the Board. The Board encourages you to review the enclosed materials that outline Governing Board responsibilities and expectations of trustees - BBE (LOCAL) Board Members Authority and BBF (LOCAL) Board Members Ethics.
Information about the District can also be found at bmtisd.com. Please contact Georgia C. Antoine at (409) 617-5003 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Legal Counsel, Sierra Fisher at (409) 617-5262. if you have any questions about the position or the selection process.