Welcome from the Principal
On behalf of the staff of South Park Middle School, I am happy to welcome you to this school year. We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. As the Interim Principal of South Park Middle School, it has been my sincere pleasure and honor to have become a member of this great school community. I am truly honored to be appointed to this position and I am looking forward to working with the dedicated staff to provide the best possible educational program for our students.
We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child's education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children's success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child's learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
- Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
- Reading with children who need extra help
- School-wide events
- Student recognition events
- Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
My greatest initiative is to provide the leadership that will facilitate a school environment to provide differentiated instruction to meet the needs of each student to the best of our ability. The educational program must be academically challenging, engage each student by linking the curriculum to previous knowledge and experience, and also be exciting to promote further exploration of new ideas. Parents, teachers, support staff, and administration all have an important role to encourage our children to become active learners. It is my sincere desire to provide expanded opportunities for our students to acquire the skills to become productive citizens in a vastly changing society.
Through a close and collegial partnership with everyone associated with South Park Middle School, I am confident we can make our school a great place for our students to learn and grow.
I feel privileged to be part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to working with you.
Calvin Rice Sr.