Welcome to Purchasing
The Purchasing Department of Beaumont ISD is part of the Business and Finance Department and is responsible for the organization and administration of procurement/purchasing for the District in accordance with the authority delegated by the Superintendent, the Board of Trustees and the Texas Education Agency. The Purchasing Department is responsible for soliciting formal bids and proposals for items/services of $50,000 or greater for the district. Formal bids and solicitations are advertised in local newspapers.
It is the goal of the Beaumont ISD Purchasing Department to support and be responsive to the needs of those we serve: the students, educators and administrators of Beaumont ISD. These goals will be accomplished by the following methods:
- Manage the uninterrupted flow of goods and services to meet the district's operating needs.
- Endeavor to obtain the greatest value for every District dollar expended while conducting business in a manner consistent with exemplary business practices, district policies and legal statutes.
- Strive for a thorough knowledge and understanding of the District’s equipment and supplies in order to assist in the “best value” evaluation for the products and services purchased.
- Source and develop sound suppliers who bring value, cost effective solutions, quality products and excellent customer service to BISD.
- Foster a spirit of community by encouraging local vendors to participate in the procurement process, always expanding our commitment to keep local dollars in our community.